PAN Card All Queries – Apply for PAN Card – PAN Card Status – PAN Card Download
Table of Contents
PAN card is one of the most widely used formal documents. PAN card submission is mandatory for filing IT returns, opening a bank account, buying a new property such as a car or house, for housing, business and purchases, or even for transactions exceeding a particular amount, among many others. uses the middle.
Although not everyone has a PAN card, but everyone can have a PAN card. This blog will guide you through the steps that you should follow to apply for PAN card both online and offline.
What is PAN Card
PAN is an abbreviation of Permanent Account Number. It is an alphanumeric, 10-digit unique number issued to every taxpayer by the Income Tax Department of India. Every PAN number is different and unique to every individual.
- The PAN number keeps a record of the financial activities of a person
- It is one of the most integral parts of all forms of payments
- A PAN card, by its appearance is a physical plastic card that has one’s PAN number written on it along with his/her name, DOB and a photograph
- The PAN number remains valid for a lifetime as it remains unaffected by any change in address or job profile
- A PAN card can be used as proof of identity
How to Apply for a PAN Card Online?
- There are two portals through which you can submit your PAN application online. One is NSDL whereas the other one is the UTIITSL portal.
- After visiting the official websites of any of these portals, you need to fill either of these forms- Form 49A (for Indian citizens) and Form 49AA (for foreigners).
- Follow the below-mentioned steps when you log in to either of the web portals- NSDL or UTIITSL.
Documents required to apply for a PAN card online? – (Identity proof documents)
- Elector’s photo identity card
- Ration card having photograph of the applicant
- Driving licence
- Arm’s license
- Aadhaar card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India
- Photo identity card issued by the Central Government or State Government or a Public Sector Undertaking
- Pensioner Card having photograph of the applicant
- Central Government Health Scheme Card or Ex-servicemen Contributory Heath Scheme photo card
- Certificate of identity in original signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted Officer, as the case may be
- Bank certificate in original on letter head from the branch (along with name and stamp of the issuing officer) containing duly attested photograph and bank account number of the applicant
- Address proof document (one of)
- copy of the following documents of not more than three months old
- electricity bill
- landline telephone or broadband connection bill
- water bill
- consumer gas connection card or book or piped gas bill
- bank account statement
- depository account statement
- credit card statement
- copy of post office pass book having address of the applicant
- passport of the spouse
- voter ID card
- latest property tax assessment order
- driving licence
- domicile certificate issued by the Government
- Aadhaar card issued by the UIDAI
- allotment letter of accommodation issued by the Central Government or State Government of not more than three years old
- property registration document
- certificate of address signed by a Member of Parliament or Member of Legislative Assembly or Municipal Councillor or a Gazetted Officer
- employer’s certificate in original
- Proof of date of birth (one of):
- birth certificate issued by the Municipal Authority or any office authorised to issue Birth and Death Certificate by the Registrar of Birth and Deaths or the Indian Consulate as defined in clause (d) of sub section (1) of section 2 of the Citizenship Act, 1955 (57 of 1955)
- pension payment order
- marriage certificate issued by Registrar of Marriages
- matriculation certificate
- driving licence
- domicile certificate issued by the Government
- affidavit sworn before a magistrate stating the date of birth
- If you are looking to get a PAN card for any category other than individual, the full list of valid documents for a PAN card is on the Income tax department’s website.
How to Apply for PAN Card online
- Follow these steps to apply for a PAN card online in India:You can apply for a PAN card online either via NSDL or UTITSL websites. Both have been authorised to issue PAN cards in India.
- For this tutorial, we will show you how to apply for a PAN card via the NSDL website.On the page linked in the previous step, you will see a form titled Online PAN application.
- Under Application Type select New PAN – Indian Citizen (Form 49A). If you’re a foreign national, select New PAN – Foreign Citizen (Form 49AA).
- Select the category of PAN card you need. For most people, this will be Individual.
- Now fill in your personal details such as name, date of birth, mobile number, etc., enter the captcha code and click Submit.
- Now you have three choices — authenticate via Aadhaar to avoid sending any documents, scan documents and upload them via e-sign, or to physically submit documents.
- We chose to authenticate via Aadhaar as all it needs is an OTP and payment. If you don’t want that option, the steps for the other two are similar except the part where you have to send documents.
- Enter all details such as Aadhaar number (optional) as requested on screen, and click Next.
- This step requires you to fill in your name, date of birth, address, etc. Do that, and click Next.
- Now you will hit the banana skin that’s the AO code (Assessing Officer code). This looks complicated but is actually quite simple. Just select one of the four choices at the top — Indian Citizens, NRI and Foreign Citizens, Defence Employees, or Government Category.
- Then under Choose AO Code, select your state and area of residence. Wait for a few seconds and you will see a full list of AO codes in the box below. Carefully scroll and look for the category that applies best to you.
- There are different categories for companies, non-salaried people, government servants, private sector employees, etc.
- If you don’t know which category you fall under, contact a chartered accountant to find out. Click on the correct AO code and it’ll be auto-filled in the form above. Click Next.
- Select the documents you have submitted as proof of age and residence from the drop-down menu, fill in required details, and then click Submit.
- Now you will be redirected to the payment page and you can choose one of many common online payment methods.
- The fee for PAN card applications for Indian citizens is Rs. 115.90 inclusive of all taxes.
- A small fee is added to this as online payment charges so the total works out to around Rs. 120.
- Once you have paid, you will be asked to authenticate via Aadhaar OTP, or submit documents via e-sign, or to physically send the documents to NSDL.
- You will also receive an email acknowledgement from NSDL about your application and your PAN card will be couriered to you once the application has been processed.
- Keep the acknowledgement number handy, we recommend that you either save it somewhere safe or print it.
How to Apply for a PAN Card Offline
- Visit the PAN centre
- Fill in the PAN application form with accurate information and submit 2 passport size photographs
- Now, submit all the supporting documents, and processing fees along with the application
- Your PAN card will be dispatched within a span of 15 days from the date of submission
Check PAN card details by Your name and date of birth
Following are the steps the applicant needs to follow to check PAN card details using name and date of birth-
- Visit the official website of Income tax e-filing website- https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/
- Navigate to ‘Verify your PAN’ under the ‘Our Services’ section
- Next, enter PAN number, name, date of birth and mobile number and click on continue
- Select the status from the given options like HUF, individual, body of individuals, etc.
- Enter the captcha code and click on ‘Submit’
- The applicant will be redirected to the next page with PAN card details
Check PAN Details by PAN number?
To check PAN details by PAN number, the applicant can follow the given instructions carefully-
- Login to the official website of Income-tax e-filing website
- Click on ‘Register yourself’ and enter the PAN number
- Get the information filled in the given boxes and submit them
- A link will be sent to the registered email address for account activation
- Next, go to ‘My account’ and click on ‘PAN details’
- All the information will be displayed on the screen
Check Address Details in a PAN Card?
An applicant needs to follow the given instructions to check address details in a PAN card-
- Visit the official website of the Income e-filing website
- Click on ‘Register yourself’
- Select the user type, PAN number and click on ‘Continue’
- Next, enter basic details, fill the registration form and submit it
- A link will be sent to the email address to activate the account
- Now, login to the income tax website, add the credentials and click on ‘PAN details’
How to make corrections in PAN Card
If you want to make changes in the existing PAN such as change in name, date of birth etc, you can apply for it online. The procedure is almost the same as you apply for new PAN except in case of corrections in PAN, you also need to submit the documents to support the change required in PAN.
- Fill the online application form for making changes/corrections in PAN on the NSDL website.
- https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html Read instructions carefully filling the form. https://www.tin-nsdl.com/services/pan/instructions-change.html
- The charges for making changes in PAN is also Rs. 93 (excluding GST) for Indian communication address and Rs. 864 (excluding GST) for foreign communication address.
- Payment of application fee can be made through credit/debit card, demand draft or net-banking.
- On successful payment, acknowledgement will be displayed. Save and print this acknowledgement number.
Documents to be sent to NSDL Once the application and payment are accepted, the applicant is required to send the supporting documents through courier/post to NSDL. Only after the receipt of the documents, PAN application would be processed by NSDL. Documents sent should support the changes applied for in PAN. Example, request for the change in applicant’s or father’s name will have to be supported with a document that will contain proof of change of name from old to new. The documents that shall be accepted as proof in this case are:
- For married ladies Change of name on account of marriage – marriage certificate, marriage invitation card, publication of ‘name-change’ in the gazette, a certificate from a gazetted officer stating name change, copy of passport showing husband’s name.
- For individual applicants other than married ladies Publication of ‘name-change’ in the gazette, a certificate from a gazetted officer stating name change.
- For companies ROC’s certificate for name change is required. ROC stands for Registrar of Companies, and they handle administration and regulation of Companies Act, 1956.
- For partnership firms A copy of revised Partnership Deed
- For other categories which are registered organizations (AOP/Trust/BOI/AJP etc.) The revised registration/deed/agreement.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for e-PAN Card
- You must be an Indian citizen.
- You must be an individual taxpayer.
- You must have an Aadhaar card.
- Your Aadhaar card details must be up to date.
- Your mobile number should be linked to your Aadhaar card.
Let us understand the step-by-step procedure for downloading e-PAN through NSDL, UTIITSL and the income tax e-filing portal.
NSDL Portal Check PAN Card Status
In the present time, the PAN card Status Check has become an important document. Use of PAN cards From the opening of your bank account, filing your income tax return and buying shares, bonds or debentures, in addition to that, the card is used for things like cars, property, etc. And Pan Card also becomes a very important document. And it comes in many places as your identity card. And it has become mandatory to have a Pan card. NSDL Portal PAN Status, And there is better documentation to keep transparency.
What is the validity of PAN card?
If we talk about pen car validity then there is no validity for PAN card, it is valid for the duration of your entire life. Apart from this, no address is mentioned on the PAN card. For this reason, the PAN card is not affected by any change in address. PAN Card Status Check and NSDL Portal PAN Status
PAN Card Status Check Tracking Process/Mode:
If you have applied to make a PAN card. And but the PAN card has not yet come, so where have you reached the process of your pen card. One can easily see something sitting at home. To check/view PAN card application status, it is very important to have the enrollment number that comes to you after submitting the application. Following are the methods of tracking the PAN card.
- Through SMS facility:
- Through Tell Phone:
- NSDL Portal PAN Status:
- Through Online Tracking:
- PAN Card Status Check Application Track through UTI Portal
- Process of UTI/NSDL Pan Card Status by PAN Number
- Procedure to view PAN card status from Aadhaar Number
- PAN card status through name and date of birth
- How to Check UTI / NSDL PAN card status by coupon Number
- Track PAN Card Status on Protean eGov Technologies Limited Website?
PAN Card Status Check Through SMS Facility:
You can check the status of the application by sending your PAN card status SMS only. SMS you will have to send which should contain the word “NSDLPAN”. Now the 15-digit process approval number provided to you is 57575. Now an SMS informing you of the status of your application will come.
PAN Card Status Check Through Online Tracking:
You can track and check the status of your application by visiting its official website. Tax information Network (TIN) National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) or the official website of UTI Technology Services Limited (UTITSL).
PAN Card Status Check Through Tell-Phone:
You can call Tin call centre to check the status of your PAN card. Tin Call Center Number
PAN/TDS Call Centre of Tax Information Network (TIN) managed by NSDL
|Address||4th Floor, Mantri Sterling,Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997 /8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016.|
|Tel||020 – 27218080|
|Fax||020 – 2721 8081|
PAN Card Status Check Application Track through UTI Portal:
Applicants can also check the status of their application through the UTI portal. Haile UTI is a type of government based institution that provides technology and outsourcing services to the financial and government sectors. You can check your PAN card status by following some steps.
- First of all, you have to go to PAN online portal of UTIITSL and log on to it.
- Now the applicant has to go to the official Website UTI PAN Card page.
- Select “Track PAN Card Application Status”.
- “Click here to check online status”
- Now enter your application coupon number
- Finally, submit your application for PAN Card Status Check
Pan Card Application Track through NSDL Portal PAN Status:
- To track the status of the PAN card application to the applicant, you have to click on “Track the status of your PAN / TAN application” under the PAN card.
- Applicants will now have to log in to its official NSDL Portal PAN Status.
- The applicant must now have chosen their application type.
- Now you have to enter your acknowledgement number.
- Applicant’s name and date of birth will have to be filled.
- Finally submit to see the PAN Card Status Check.
Pan Card Status Tracking Online:
- The applicant must first log on to the official website for TIN-NSDL to track their PAN status online. PAN Card Status Check the official link provided below
- After that, the applicant has to go to the PAN section. A new page will open to view the tracking objective.
- The applicant must now have chosen their application type.
- Now the applicant should give a 15-digit approval number and, along with it, provide information such as the applicant’s full name and date of birth.
- Now the current page will be redirected to a new page which shows the current status of the application.
Process of UTI/NSDL Pan Card Status by PAN Number
If your pen card is lost, or you make some changes to your pen card, then a new application has to be submitted for it, if you want to track the status of your application. The process is as follows.
- First of all, go to UTIITSL’s website www.utiitsl.com.
- From the home page, select the ‘Track your PAN card’ option under the ‘For PAN Cards’ menu
- You will be sent to the tracking page, in which you will have to enter your PAN number or coupon number.
- Now field captcha code and click on “Submit button “to track the status.
Procedure to view PAN card status from Aadhaar Number
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of income tax e-filing of the Income Tax Department, www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- After that on the home page, the link Quick Links has to select the option of ‘PAN instant pan through Aadhaar’ under menu list.
- Now you will come to a new webpage, in which you have to click on the ‘Check Status / Download PAN’ button.
- After that, in the next page, you have to enter the Aadhaar number in the field provided for the same
- And also have to fill captcha code, and click on submit button.
- After that an OTP will come to your registered mobile phone number, validate login with it
- You can now see the status of your PAN card on the next page. If e-PAN is ready, you can also download it on your device.
PAN card status through name and date of birth
- Visit https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pantan/StatusTrack.html_bkp24052013.
- After that, the new application type has to be selected as ‘New PAN – New / Change Request’.
- Now select ‘Name’
- Then fill your first surname, first name and middle name.
- Now you have to fill your date of birth.
- Now click on ‘Submit’ to check the status of the end PAN.
How to Check UTI / NSDL PAN card status by coupon Number
- you are informed. That whenever you apply for PAN card from any website, you are given an application coupon number. With which you can track the status of your application.
- To check the status of online application, you have to go to those NSDL or UTI PAN websites and select the tab ‘Track PAN Status’.
- After that the application number allotted for a particular request will be entered
- Now the status of the application will open.
Track PAN Card Status on Protean eGov Technologies Limited Website?
By selecting the application type and entering the acknowledged number, the Protean eGov Technologies Limited website can be used to verify PAN status. It can also be traced using an application coupon number or a pan number on the UTI website. An individual can track the status of a PAN card application online using acknowledgment number by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go and visit to the Protean eGov Technologies Limited website.
- Choose your ‘Application Type‘ and click on ‘PAN- New/Change Request‘
- Key in your acknowledge number
- To verify the status, please enter the code
- Choose the ‘Submit‘ option.
Online Tracking of a PAN card application can be carried out by an individual only after 24 hours of filing the application.
Procedure for checking the Status of PAN card Payment
You are informed that you can easily check the status of applicant PAN transaction. You can track the status of transactions if you apply with the applicable fees to avail PAN through internet banking, credit card or debit card.
- First of all, you have to go to https://www.tin-nsdl.com/. then select ‘PAN’ under ‘Services’ tab.
- After that you have to click on the ‘Find out the status of your credit card / debit card / net banking transaction for online application’ option.
- Next, give you the transaction number which appears on the ‘Payment through Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking’ screen or 15-digit acknowledgment number.
- After that the name of the applicant has to be filled.
- Provide date of birth / date of birth / date of agreement / date of participation or date of formation of trust deed / body of individuals / Association of Persons depending on the kind of applicant
- After that, now click on the option ‘Show Status’
- In this way you can see the status of the transaction.
How to Download e-PAN Card Using NSDL
The facility to download e-PAN through NSDL portal is available for applicants who have applied through NSDL website. Any new PAN application or application for change can be downloaded free of charge if used before 30 days of confirmation from the Income Tax Department. Otherwise, additional charges are payable.
- Go to the official website of the TIN-NSDL.
- Under ‘Quick Links’, select ‘PAN-New facilities’.
- Select from the dropdown ‘Download e-PAN/e-PAN XML (PANs allotted in last 30 days)’ or ‘Download e-PAN/e-PAN XML (PANs allotted before 30 days)’, as applicable. You will be redirected to a new page.
- In the PAN tab, you can enter your PAN number, Aadhaar number, date of birth/incorporation and GSTN (if applicable).
- Or otherwise, in the ‘Acknowledgement Number’ tab, you can enter the Acknowledgement number and date of birth/incorporation.
- Read and tick on the terms and conditions.
- Enter the captcha and submit.
- OTP will be delivered to your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Choose any one option and click on generate OTP.
- Now, enter the OTP and click to validate.
- Click on “Download PDF”. You can now download the pdf format of the e-PAN card. It is secured with a password, i.e. your birth date.
How to Download e-PAN Card Using UTIITSL
The facility to download e-PAN through the UTIITSL portal is available for applicants who have applied through the UTIITSL portal. Any new PAN application or application for changes can be downloaded free of cost if applied before 30 days of confirmation from the income tax department. Otherwise, extra charges are payable.
- Go to the official site of the UTIITSL portal, from where you can download the PAN.
- Scroll down and select ‘PAN Card Services’.
- Click on ‘Download e-PAN’.
- You will be redirected to a new page.
- Now, enter the ten-digit alphanumeric PAN number. Enter the date of birth, as mentioned in your documents. Mention GSTIN number if required.
- Enter the captcha and submit. A link will be delivered to your registered mobile number or email ID.
- Click on the link, and you can download the e-PAN Card using the OTP.
How to Instant PAN Through Aadhaar
The citizen must be 18 years of age or above and must have an Aadhaar number to access this service. If you have not previously been allotted a PAN, you can avail of this service. To quickly apply for a PAN, you can visit the income tax e-filing portal and follow the instructions below:
- Select the ‘Instant PAN through Aadhaar’ option under the “Quick Links” tab.
- Click on the ‘Get New PAN’ option.
- Enter your Aadhaar number.
- Enter the captcha code per the image box and confirm your application.
- Click on ‘Generate Aadhaar OTP’ to receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter OTP, and you will get an acknowledgement number via email and SMS instantly.
How to Download e-PAN Card Using Income Tax e-Filing Website
- Visit the official income tax e-filing website.
- Select the ‘Instant PAN through Aadhaar’ option under the “Quick Links” tab.
- Click on the ‘Check Status’/‘Download PAN’ option.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and captcha code as per the image box and submit.
- Generate the OTP using your registered mobile phone number and email ID and submit the same.
- After successful OTP verification, you will be redirected to a new web page wherein you can track your PAN application’s status. If the e-PAN card is already generated, then you can download the same from this tab.